Calculations for Electrical Installations Course
Would your organization like to hire us to provide this course?
Contact us for pricing information.
This is a course where the attendee performs electrical calculations in the classroom based on the currently adopted NEC- NFPA-70 (National Electrical Code)
4-Hour or 8-hour Course Outline
- This will be a training course where the attendee will perform electrical calculations in the classroom based upon the currently adopted NFPA-70 NEC (national Electrical Code.
- The objective for the attendee is to recognize and able to determine compliance to basic calculations required for electrical installations. With Power Point slides and training handouts the attendee will perform calculations based on various conditions. By performing the calculations, the attendee will understand the effects of temperature correction factors to circuits , feeders, or service ampere loading and the effect of environmental conditions. Additionally, temperature rating correction factors for conductors based on rated termination devices will be included within the calculations.
- The attendee will be required to have a calculator (some calculators will be available at the course) and a copy of the current adopted NEC. Training worksheet of the calculations will be provided to the attendees.
- Due to the type of calculations being presented multiple Chapters and Articles will be required to be used to perform the calculations. Compliance to a specific article will vary based on the questions and calculations presented.
- This course is primarily designed for licensed Journeyman Electricians, Supervising Electricians, Plant Journeyman, Plant Supervisors, Limited Maintenance Electricians, and engineers.
- The attendee will be required to have a calculator (some calculators will be available at the course) and a copy of the current adopted NEC